I had a very good, long talk last night with my dear friend Susan in NYC, who encouraged me to begin journaling - as an expressive outlet, a way to cope with binge eating, and a way to get in touch with my creativity again.
Susan and I are old art school buddies. I moved to the west coast in 1999, and she stayed in NY and is valiantly and consciously dedicated to a life as a fine artist, whereas I have a sort of vague idea in the back of my mind that I might publish a quirky graphic novel one day about my life as a caregiver and wife to an MS afflicted, wheelchair bound, ex-rock climber husband who is obsessed with comic books and watching Sponge Bob Square Pants. So this blog may be the origins of that novel, whose working title is "Wheelchair Gary Stories".
Susan really did a good job at getting me inspired to get started, and so now I feel motivated to make an entry in this blog every evening before bed to reveal all the deep, dark, lurid details of my life...or would it be the boring, mundane, yawn-worthy, cringe-worthy, gross details??
I was coached by her to let it all hang out, so that's what I'm going to do, sans shame, sans embarassment, with the humorous bits exaggerated to the max for your full entertainment value.
So I'm blogging again - thanks, Susan! This may help my procrastination, if I can keep it up.
Well, hope you'll tune it tomorrow for the next installment - have a nice day. - pc
Wow I'm a muse! Nice start and very flattering. I'll be tuning in.
ReplyDelete